M29 Class Monitor
The M29 Class comprised of five monitors of the Royal Navy, all built and launched during 1915.
The ships of this class were ordered in March, 1915, as part of the Emergency War Programme of ship construction. The contract was granted to Harland and Wolf of Belfast who sub-contracted the construction of the M29 and M31 to Workman Clark and Company.
The main armament of the ships, two 6 inch Mark IX guns came from guns originally intended for the five Queen Elizabeth class battleships which became surplus when their aft casemate mountings turned out to be unworkable and were dispensed with.
One monitor the M33 survives to this day and has been restored and is on display at Portsmouth Dockyard.
Monitor is an all white metal kit and is supplied unpainted